Malacañang Communications Undersecretary Manuel Quezon III, grandson of the Commonwealth president, is coming to the province on May 4 for a couple of engagements. Himself a blogger, he wishes to meet Ilocos Norte bloggers in the afternoon. I am helping his staff identify participants, and I have so far listed twelve, aside from myself.
- Tina Tan – blauearth.com
- Edwin Antonio – ilocandiatreasures.com
- Ericke Tan – surprisinglykitsch.com
- Shermon Cruz – ilocosfutures.wordpress.com
- Guien Garma – guiengarma.wordpress.com
- Marianne Pasion – maryaneeephotography.blogspot.com
- Tricia Domingo – triciadomingo.blogspot.com
- Sherene Ruiz – mylifeneverbeeneasy.blogspot.com
- GD Baltazar – iamthesupergd.wordpress.com
- Jonas Paul dela Cruz – simplejonas.wordpress.com
- Peter La Julian – pedroblogspotcom-peter.blogspot.com
- Ritchelle Blanco Dejolde – resurrectingtheilocanospirit.wordpress.com
I have met Manolo Quezon on several occasions, especially when I was still teaching at Colegio de San Juan de Letran, the alma mater of his illustrious lolo. At the Intramuros school, the Quezon family always graces the August birthday celebration of the Ama ng Wikang Pambansa. I am a fan of The Explainer, his television show where issues are discussed with great detail and insight. Also, he is supportive of the Philippine Blog Awards where I have been a national finalist three years in a row in the society, politics, and history category. I really look forward to May 4.
This is the first time bloggers here are coming together, and I am thinking of finally initiating the Ilocos Norte Bloggers Commune. In other parts of the country, bloggers have long organized their respective societies which allow them to initiate activities and write for common causes and advocacies. Now is time to do it here.
Do you know of any other serious blogger who might be interested to join the activity?